A nd.gov website. Click for nd.gov.

Frequently Asked Questions

How does North Dakota Housing Finance Agency calculate my adjusted monthly gross income?
Your income is calculated as follows: annual income less any deductions divided by 12 months equals your adjusted monthly income.

What if I am denied rental assistance?
If North Dakota Housing Finance Agency denies your application for rental assistance, you will be notified in writing of the reason for the denial and you will have the right to appeal this decision through an informal review.

Can North Dakota Housing Finance Agency provide rental assistance for the apartment/house I currently live in?
No. In North Dakota, county housing authorities administer the Section 8 voucher program. 

Do you offer emergency assistance?
No, NDHFA does not provide emergency assistance. For emergency assistance, please contact local non-profit organizations such as a Community Action Agency or the Salvation Army.

Where can I find additional rental assistance resources?
Landlord Tenant Rights
Americans With Disabilities
Housing Assistance Training Video
Discrimination in Housing - ND Dept. of Labor and Human Rights