Through the HomeAccess program, NDHFA provides affordable mortgage loans to low-to moderate-income buyers who are or who have single-parent, veteran, disabled or elderly household members. Buyers may also have owned a primary residence within the last three years.
Am I Eligible?
To qualify, one of the following must describe the households:
• The mortgagor must be a single-parent with at least one dependent child residing in the home 50 percent of the time.
• The mortgagor or the mortgagor’s spouse must have served in the active military, naval or air service and been discharged or released from active duty under conditions other than dishonorable.
• The mortgagor, mortgagor’s spouse or a dependent(s) must be permanently disabled or age 65 or older and reside in the home.
1) You must meet income limits, which vary based on county and family size. Include projected income from all sources for the 12 months following the date of application.
|County||Family of less than 3||Family of 3 or more|
|All Other Counties||$77,600||$89,240|
|Limits effective as of June 6, 2017|
2) The purchase price of the property must be within program limits.
|Previously Occupied (Existing)||1 Unit||2 Units||3 Units||4 Units|
|Burleigh, Morton, Stark & Williams||$273,176||$349,687||$422,701||$525,314|
|All Other Counties||$253,809||$324,966||$392,800||$488,117|
|Previously Unoccupied (New)||1 Unit|
|Burleigh, Morton, Stark & Williams||$273,176|
|All Other Counties||$253,809|
|Limits are effective June 6, 2017|
3) You are expected to meet normal credit underwriting standards and must intend to occupy the property as your principal residence. You are also required to make a minimum of a $500 out-of-pocket cash investment.
How Do I Apply?
You can apply for a HomeAccess Program loan at one of NDHFA’s Participating Lenders. These lenders originate HomeAccess loans and sell them to the agency.
Contact the Homeownership Division at
(701) 328-8080 or (800) 292-8621.